11/2/12

Time Flies!

     Time may not heal everything (as I discussed in a previous post), but is sure does fly. Like most of you, I cannot believe that it's already the second day of November, of the year 2012 at that! I remember being in school and have to change the date on my homework from 1989 to 1990 and thinking wow!! Then later in life when I had to start writing the year 2000 on my checks I thought to myself that if this feels weird for me what must it feel like for my aunts and uncles and grandparents? My grandparents were all born around 1919-1921. What must it be like to be born in an era when not everyone had automobiles. Some people still used horses & buggies, and the reason had nothing to do with their way of life, simply that the automobile hadn't quite eliminated horses as transportation yet. Some people didn't have electricity or running water yet. What must it be like to be born in a time period of transition from 100% man power to the ever increasing world of technology? If I thought it weird to change a number on my checks & papers they must be completely blown away with the way the world has changed in just one lifetime. As a kid watching movies and everyday television whenever they would mention the future, the year 2014 or 2053, I used to think nothing of it. As if it was future I would not be around to see. Then one day after having my first child I did the math to see how old I would be at the time of her graduation.... it will be WHAT year!! 2019 is the year my oldest is scheduled to graduate. Then I started thinking what year will it be when I'm at the retirement age of 65?  2045!!! Holy wow!! I live in the future!!! If I live to be at least 85, God willing, the year will be 2062!! Just thinking about how much technology has advanced in the 35 years I've been alive makes me wonder will we be living like the Jetson's before I pass on to a greater place?  Will life be like it was in the movie Demolition Man? With the speed in which technology advances everyday (faster each day at that) one never really can predict what life will be like in the next 50 years or even 10 years.

     The saying "Time flies when you're having fun" has been around probably for all of time it's self. I'm here to tell you that "time flies" even when you're not having fun. It's been 3 years now since Maggie Alice past and life has felt like it's been moving in slow motion. It has not been all sad times, but the majority of it was. In saying so it only makes sense that everyday it feels as if time is dragging on. Yet in reality time has sped by me at a rate that makes me dizzy just thinking about it. It's already the year 2012 and my children are in grades 6th & 2nd. Really? I'm almost 35 years old. My sister has just turned the age our mother was when she made her a first time grandmother at the age of 37. My twin nieces just turned 18, the age my mother was when she had my sister (older of course ;)  ).

     So I guess the saying could just be shortened to just "Time Flies", because really it does not matter if you're having fun or not. Now back to it being November 2nd....

     I'm noticing everyone on Facebook is putting a status a day up telling what they are thankful for that day. I'm guessing it's one way to embrace the real meaning of Thanksgiving, outside of pie that is. I wasn't informed of this, nor was I asked to participate in this (pouts). However I shall endeavor to do this once a day thankful post here on my blog as well as on FB. Now for those of you who are on my private fb and follow me here publicly you may find that from time to time some of these statuses won't match up. That's because I will be keeping things a bit more G-Rated for the blog, at least that's my goal. With me you never know what you're going to get.

     Now I'm not done with this never-ending post yet so I will post my Thankfulness on a separate post in a bit. First I want to give a shout out to a wonderful friend of mine.


Paul Atreides is an author and playwright, a very talented one if you ask me, and well you are on my blog so in a way you are asking me. And I say he's talented!! His stories have made me cry, laugh, and even cry from laughing. He's an amazing friend, always kind and thoughtful. Not to mention open minded and hilarious. He has a new web page I'd like to share with you. On his web page you will have access to his blog, short stories, sneek peeks of up coming publications, a bookstore and even some links to other wonderful writers.  His latest book, (Marvin’s) World of Deadheads, has just become released. I've read the sample pack for this book and I have to say I will definitely be rushing out (clicking buy on my Kindle) to get my copy of the full book. For more information On (Marvin's) World of Deadheads just click on this LINK. Please take a few moments to pop on over to Paul's web page and check everything out.


Paul, I love you and think the world of you. You are the best kind of friend a person could have. I wish you luck in all your endeavors. Never stop writing or believing in yourself. Much love to you!

Kisses
CoreyJo







2 comments:

  1. CoreyJo - I think... no, okay, I'll admit it... you made me cry with that shoutout! You were the first person I connected with in the blogosphere. Your kindness, the love you have in your heart and exhibit in all you do, poured through and touched me immediately. Your wicked sense of humor snuck up on me - I love it! Your incredible talent for Haiku, and using a camera smacked my senses immediately.

    I'm sending love, healing prayers, hugs, and kisses! I thank you for the support - I think I must dub you my #1 Fan! Be well, be safe, and always keep that glowing smile evident.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul!! Now you have me tearing up!

      I'm not even sure what to say to all the amazing compliments you just gave me other than Thank You :) -- I'm glad we found each other, and I'm proud to call you my friend.

      Thank you for all the love, prayers, hugs & especially the kisses :* -- I accept the title of being your #1 Fan with pride and joy!!

      Smiles & kisses
      Love
      CoreyJo

      Delete

Feed back is one of the best parts of blogging. Please feel free to leave a message and let me know what you think.