7/13/11

My Rose...

When we bought our house almost 7 years ago there was very little landscaping. A few bushes & a pine tree. Okay so we now have two more small trees, some hostas that I don't weed because the frogs live in there, and a few less bushes. Anyways, hidden amongst the lilacs was a wild rose bush, or stalk rather. I cut most of the lilac down having decided I liked the roses better. One day a couple of years ago I got up early, okay, early for me, (9am), to get a photo of  the 10 to 15 buds that would be opening that day. I got my camera and went out to capture the beauty of so many tiny roses on just a couple of stalks.  Have I mentioned how much I dislike deer? Well until that day I could have cared less. Now, don't like 'em so much. To my dismay every stalk on the rose bush was stripped clean all the way to the base. Not even a thorn was left. Damn deer!! As a result the bush died and I've had no more pretty roses.

This past weekend was my mothers family reunion which Jason & I hosted this year. (pictures soon hopefully). As I was walking around enjoying my family I happen to catch a spot of color out of the corner of my eye. As I turned my head I was floored. I couldn't believe it. With everything being so busy this summer I hadn't noticed the dead rose bush, the one I've neglected to remove for the last 2 years, was growing and now had two hot pink buds on it!! Unfortunately the beetles got to one of the blooms. Here is the remaining bloom.




















 





I'm sure there's a message in here somewhere about when something dies it doesn't really die, or some such crazy thing. Not sure what it is, I'm just glad I was lazy about removing the "allegedly" dead rose bush.

~CoreyJo~

4 comments:

  1. I think it was all the missing family members saying 'We're still with you'!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay, now I'm gonna cry!! I think so too.

    Love You!♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jehan-Pierre7/16/11, 4:03 PM

    Makes me thought of her too!

    Câlin et bisou!
    Jon ♪♪♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Jon

    Câlins et gros bisous!
    CoreyJo

    ReplyDelete

Feed back is one of the best parts of blogging. Please feel free to leave a message and let me know what you think.