4/1/12

Haiku Senso...

This weeks Haiku Monday contest is being hosted by Rafa at Ramblings From My Typer. He's chosen the theme of Senso, or sense for those of us non-Italian speaking folk.  Take a minute to pop on over and check out my competition this week. You may even feel inspired enough to leave one of your own in the comments.


Hope:




Lost souls serching for
salvation. His light shines down
and all is not lost.
                                                                  ~CoreyJo



I might be off with the theme, but when I initially read the theme my mind went blank. Even after reading all the wonderful entries by others my mind was still blank. As I sat at the computer zoning out, trying to search the depths of my mind (a scary place to be I tell ya) for inspiration the sun came out and shone down over my shoulder and onto my key board. The only think in my mind then was the sense of Hope. One of the best feelings in the world is the sense of hope you get when you think all is lost. So there you have it. My interpretation of sense. 

Thanks for a wonderful theme Rafa, and aren't ya proud of me? I posted on time, even early!! LOL Good luck judging, the competition is stiff this week. I've got my bets on Serendipity with her 'Senso' poem. Hubba-Hubba!

Love Huggs
CoreyJo

8 comments:

  1. CoreyJo:

    THIS is fantastic!!

    You've touched on EXACTLY what I was trying to convey in my intro. A sense of something you can't quite put your finger on. You know it's there 'cause it's as big as an elephant shit'n in your gosh darn living room. Yet, as much as it smells like shit, feels like shit, looks like shit, tastes like shit; even sounds like a dump was just shat from an ass...HELLO, it's staring you in the face! Yet, as much as it's everywhere, it's nowhere at all...

    Beautifully hopeful!

    Well done--

    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rafa,

      Guess what? I'M LATE AGAIN!! in replying to you and everyone!! Go figure. I knew being on time couldn't last too long...story of my life ;)

      Thanks for placing me 1st runner up and I'm glad I FINALLY got the theme just right. You did a wonderful job hosting Darling.

      Always
      CoreyJo

      Delete
  2. I agree! Your best one so far! ;)

    Hugs&Kisses
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon! You really think so? I must say it is one of my favorites. I'm so happy you like it. I know that you know the feeling behind this one very well and very deep. No matter who or what was/is your salvation you understand being lost.

      Câlins et bisous
      CJ

      Delete
  3. Absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little late in the making but wanted to tell you how much I loved your Haiku! Not to mention those gorgeous pics on fb last week! Wow, I can really see you in the girls now that I have seen you blonde! Love your look now but you look spectacular as a blonde as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Robin,

      I'm glad you like the haiku. You're doing pretty darn good yourself.
      I'm naturally a dark "dirty" blonde according to the stylists. I love the blonde but it looks better long. Thanks for the compliments too :)

      Huggs
      CoreyJo

      Delete

Feed back is one of the best parts of blogging. Please feel free to leave a message and let me know what you think.